Everyone who buys a bike, new or used, would definitely want to maintain it on regular basis so that he could enjoy driving and is not faced with any problem. However, very few people actually manage to maintain their bikes. Bike maintenance is not an easy task; it varies from bike to bike. In this article, we will cover some of the very fundamental points that are essential in maintaining your bike. We will now mention some of the basic bike maintenance tips that will help to keep your up to date.
1. Maintain the body of your bike
If anything that makes your bike look new than it is its body. The body represents the outer look of your bike and if you keep it shiny and protect it from corrosion, it will always give a new look. Here is how you can take good bikee of your bike’s body.
• Wash your bike regularly and wax it to remove any bugs and dirt that can mount up and easily wear away the paint your bike. Waxing your bike also keeps it shiny and glossy.
• In coastal areas like Karachi the atmosphere is very humid and salty; this can harm your bike’s body. Proper undercoating and rust proofing can protect your bike from such harms.
• Remove any deep scratches, stone chips or paint marks left by other objects before the rust starts to mount on to the body of your bike.
2. Maintain the interior of your bike
The maintenance of the interior your bike is as important as its exterior. A nice and clean interior gives your bike a great look and also affects your health. It really is a wonderful experience to drive such a bike. You can maintain the interior of your bike by:
• Vacuuming it regularly.
• Cleaning its seats, doors and carpets.
• Cleaning and polishing the dash board of your bike regularly.
3. Maintain the engine of your bike
What could be more important than the engine of your bike? We know for sure that good engine keeps a bike strong and durable. Here is how you can maintain the engine of your bike properly:
• Change the engine oil of your bike regularly.
• Use synthetic oil instead of usual mineral oils.
• Check the coolant level at proper time.
4. Maintaining the transmission of your bike
The most complicated and expensive part of the bike is its automatic transmission system. It is also one of the less reliable parts of any bike and if defected, it can cause serious safety issues to the bike. You can maintain the transmission system of your bike by:
• Preventing it from overheating.
• Fixing the leakage of transmission fluid.
• Proper and suitable use of overdrive.
• Servicing the transmission from bike make dealers.
• Using original pars only.